[access-uk] Help for my friend

Hi

I gave my friend a new drive with loads of avi files on. Now
they are not computer literate but I thought this would be
easy for them, just click on the avi files and away they go.
I don't know what the problem is yet as I have not spoken to
Peter, his wife just gave me a message about some software
needed. At first I thought it may have been drivers needed
and said that the software is all on the hard drive but on
closer inspection on my own drive of the same model, that is
not the case. I'm now thinking that they haven't got any
program installed which will play avi files. As I said they
are not computer literate, what would be the easiest way for
me to give them windows media player, it's too large to
e-mail and Peter can't get too stressed out as he has just
come out of hospital from having heart surgery. If they
already have windows media player, are there any settings in
the program which have to be checked or unchecked to work
with avi files.

Lastly, the drive is a Seagate 500 gb expansion desk top
hard drive, I think their computer is a del machine, would
they need special drivers to run this drive? As I said I'm
looking into all possibilities before I try and explain
things to Peter, it'll probably be easier for me to write it
down in an e-mail rather than explain it over the phone.
These are the only two things I can think of in the lines of
software needed, one of these days I will have to have a
good look at their pc, they don't live too far away but it's
getting speech to work on the pc. I'm assuming nvda will
suffice here.

Regards

Adrien

You can get me off list at:
adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

program for the visually impaired, find out more by
downloading the
software from:
http://www.a-technic.net/speakon.htm
e-mail to: