[access-uk] Re: Having a blog?

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 20:03:30 -0000

I would agree that Wordpress is definitely the Blogging platform you should
use.  It's quite accessible. Anna Dresner, who writes books for the National
Braille Press in the US, has written a book called "Blog On" costing only 6
dollars.  Anna's book received a very favourable review from Deborah
Kendrick of the National federation of the Blind in their Access world
magazine.
This explains how to create a blog using wordpress, and Anna also usefully
details some of the HTML coding you may want to use if you are not using
something like NewsGator to compose the blog itself.  NewsGator integrates
with Outlook to make the composition of blog postings much easier to do.

Brian Hartgen

MSN: brian@xxxxxxxxxxx
SKYPE: brianhartgen
SKYPE IN UK:  0208-133-7186