[access-uk] Re: HARRY POTTER AND ACCESS TO BOOKS

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 13:15:05 +0100

Hi Christine
You   said

"surely accessability/DDA issues should be something the RNIB Should
Want to take up, being a Charity for the VI."

Yes I agree.
I was only looking at DDA  issues.
If a book not available  in format of our choice, is it the
retailer as well as publisher that is acting unlawfully?
This has   never  been tested in court.  So until it is, we cannot be sure
either way!

Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx