[access-uk] Re: HARRY POTTER AND ACCESS TO BOOKS

James said

"RNIB selling the book at a discount would simply reinforce the mistaken
view that blind people want something for nothing, or at any rate for less
than "average" people would pay."

yes but  is there not 2 issues here.

1.  the right to access  a book (format of our choice)
as quickly as  sighted people.

and:
2. The right  to  pay the same price as sighted people.

Surely  if a retailer  like say Asda  or W.H Smiths  sells print
books  but doesn't  offer other  formats,  our  complaint should be
directed
at the  retailer,  not the publisher.

DDA  on this  could be  tested in court,  but the problem is that
non  of us want to  take the risk  of not  winning!

A no win  would mean having to  pay  other sides  costs.

Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx