[access-uk] Re: Guide Dpog complaints

  • From: "Andy" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 07:43:32 -0000

Hi again Eleanor.

That was nice of you to contact the GDBA.

I'm really quite concerned about speaking out these days because I'm so dependant upon my dog. God knows what I'd do if for example, I was told that I was not to get another dog.

This in-balance of power along with the fact that GDBA are more dog, than people centered in their philosophy is of great concern too me.

I walk the walk for them and talk the talk and each of us are a credit to the organization, but dare we complain publically?

So people like me, who have a little peripheral vision, are walking about with dogs, which can in a flick of a second, get us killed. We are so grateful that we dare not speak out.

This is all wrong. If we were to consider an accident that affected other people other than ourselves, for example, a young mother with a couple of kids, we would never forgive ourselves for not speaking out strongly enough..

I'm so pissed off now and worried that I no longer care if they visit me or not. I feel that I'm on my own with my dog and I simply need to work him more considerately and train him myself.

Indeed, I've listened to podcasts from Blind Cool Tec, were people are actually training their own dogs to assist with mobility. So perhaps this is my future, once the GDBA have agreed that I'm no longer a suitable candidate for a dog, which they will do if I shout loud enough.

Thanks again.

Very best wishes.
Andy.