[access-uk] Re: Government offers free receivers for digital TV switchover

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 12:42:16 +0100

Hi Damon
>I'm assuming that this also goes for blind people and that the constant
> references to 'partially sighted people' is just a reflection of the low
> knowledge and discomfort of the press release writer.

Take look here:
http://tinyurl.com/2d5n5q

It seems the BBC  is funding the help for those on disability benefits.
And the  DWP  is  allowed to pass on to the  BBC some information about
those
on  its  records, so that the BBC can easily target the right people  for
help.

Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx