[access-uk] Googlemail questions/help please

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Access-UK <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:54:25 +0000

Hi,

I use googlemail on the web in the basic html view.  On Thursday I
started having a problem where I couldn't reply to any e-mails.  Every
time I tried to reply I got the message "Some addresses in the "From"
field were not recognized. Please make sure that all addresses are
properly formed."  As you'll know if you use googlemail in this way,
there is no from field in the basic html view.

I thought the problem was fixed as it started working ok again
yesterday.  But it's happening again.  The problem is being
experienced by others as I've found a googlegroup discussing it, but
they don't say whether any of them have reported it to google or not
and I don't seem to be able to register for that group so I can ask
them.

Perhaps google are aware of the problem and that's why it went away
yesterday but I really want to make sure they are aware of it.  I just
went through the help system to report a problem and got to the point
where I filled in a form explaining the problem.  But when I pressed
Enter on the submit button nothing seemed to happen.  I did a JAWS
refresh and nothing had changed on the screen.  I tried left clicking
the button instead of Enter and nothing happened.

I'm wondering whether anyone here has ever tried to report a
googlemail problem to google.  And/or are any of you using googlemail
and experiencing the same problem as me?  Is there any other way of
trying to report this problem?  It's driving me crazy.

Any suggestions or experiences welcome except please don't suggest I
download my e-mail to Outlook Express so I can reply because this
would be totally crazy with the amount of e-mail I have and the way
I've organised using google's labels would be completely lost.

Also if anyone uses the standard view of googlemail please could you
give me a brief description of how you use it/are there any
difficulties with using it like this?  I've always had the impression
that it wasn't easy to use but I've never tried so perhaps before I go
exploring if anyone has any experience of it you could share...?  (The
replying problem isn't happening in the standard view so I thought I
might try it out; but if it's not accessible this won't be possible,
also I quite often use dial up)

I obviously won't be able to reply to this mail so if I need to
respond to anything anyone says I'll be starting a new subject -
sorry!

Catherine