[access-uk] Re: Google tool bar

  • From: Jonathan <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 10:23:53 +0100

Hold on everyone - why are we focussing on removing the toolbar?
Location has nothing to do with the toolbar.

Here's how you actually correct the location - in the top right hand
corner of the search page, you have "SETTINGS", then select "SEARCH
SETTINGS"
The link for the settings page is: http://www.google.co.uk/preferences?hl=en

Then scroll down and simply enter the correct location in the
"Location" section. Here's more info from Google Help:

http://www.google.co.uk/support/websearch/bin/answer.py?answer=35892&hl=en#location
In this section of the Preferences page, you can specify your location
for us to use when customizing your results in Google Web Search and
other products. For example, if you search for[ restaurants ], we can
try to find one nearby, even if you don't include a location in your
search.
If you'd rather not set an explicit location, simply delete the
location in this field and save your preferences. You may still see
local results based on other factors such as your computer's IP
address. Learn more about location

http://www.google.co.uk/support/websearch/bin/answer.py?answer=179386

Specify your preferred location

If you'd like to change your location, click Change Location and enter
a street address, zip code, city and state, or country in the box that
appears. Click Set to save your location setting.
You can only specify a location within the country of your current
Google domain. For instance, it's not possible to set a U.S. address
on www.google.es, the Google domain for Spain. If you'd like to see
results for a region outside of your Google domain, please specify the
location in the search query (like [ bicycle repair paris ]) or visit
a different Google local domain instead.
If you don’t already have a location set, enter a location in the box
next to "Search near," then click Set.