[access-uk] Re: Google is more accessible from today

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 08:20:45 -0000

Very good observations there Brian.  I think HAL will navigate by heading, but
not 100% sure
there.  Seems such an esy thing to implement, but praise is due to Google for
doing this.

I have Window-Eyes set these days to read number of links, headings, number of
frames
tables, and whether their are flash objects  when a page is loaded.  I don't
have it read
anything else at the outset as, too often, one is overwhelmed by a lot of not
very useful
information on many sites.  Knowing the layout elements used in a page before
reading itis
very useful, as is the next different text navigation feature.

I thinnk if people can be made familiar with layout techniques on sites then a
lot of the
hassel people have with complex pages can vanish.  This is no where more true
than with the
BBC Radio Player page, where once you know the elements being used to structure
this complex
page, you can get around it quite easily, IMHO.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx