[access-uk] Re: Goodman's smart box

  • From: Yusuf <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 10:08:49 +0100

Hi husna, I've never experienced the background noise you mention, perhaps the leads aren't connected properly, although given you have already had someone out, I'd have thought they would have checked that. Do you have your sound coming out of a hifi system or just out of the

television?

I have experienced the stuttering issue, although not to the extent that you have.

My audio description tends to switch itself off completely. It does this randomly and the only way to fix it is to turn it off and on again, the audio description I mean. I don't know why it does this, but it is pretty frustrating.

I'd suggest speaking to someone from RNIB and see what they might suggest.
Yusuf
On 01/05/2012 00:24, Husna Begum wrote:
hi,
we have been having some problems with the Goodman's smart box.
1 when we are watching anything on TV we can hear a continuous
background droning sound which varies in loudness.
2 the mail voice of the smartbox stutters in menus or even when it’s
announcing the name of the current programme making it difficult to
understand.
3 the audio description quite often fades out for about 15 minutes and
then comes back, so you can’t really enjoy the programme. the box is
connected by cable to an aerial on the loft. we recalled the engineer
out but they didn’t fix any of the problems. has any one else been
having any of these problems? do you think we just have a faulty box?
thanks, Husna