[access-uk] Re: Goodmans

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 13:17:53 -0000

Fair for once I must come to the defence of RNIB, I did not get it from them but from the Switch Over people. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Yusuf" <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 12:30 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Goodmans

Eleanor, The RNIB do have Braille instructions for the Goodmans, its poor that they don't ask you when you place an order for one. There's also an electronic version, or at least there was an electronic version of the instructions on the Goodmans product page of the RNIB shop site.
Yusuf

On 19/03/2012 10:07, Eleanor Burke wrote:
How does one update the tuning on the Goodmans Free View Box? How come
we never got Braille or CD instructions for its use? I have been away
and have forgotten what button does what. Can anyone tell me the layout
of the buttons please?

Eleanor>>>>
But I do recognise that not being able to access the TVs
own menus, including scanning for channels and setting up
the TTS independently are drawbacks, as is the inability to
access the various web features.

It is a step forward, I don't think we've ever had 30 tVs
with TTS onboard released at the same time. It'll be
interesting to see if other TV manufacturers take up the
challenge.
Yusuf

On 18/03/2012 19:36, martin wilsher wrote:
I agree with all that has been said here. the thing needs
to be
accessible from the word go, and this isn't. what on
earth were the
RNIB thinking of when giving their blessing to this box?
if it is not
accessible when you turn it on, it's not accessible at
all imho.