[access-uk] Re: Goldwave Question

  • From: "Pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 09:51:56 +0100

Hi Sharon

This is how I got Goldwave to record from the sound card.  It took me ages to
find out how to do it.  I am using the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Home premium
with Window-eyes 7.5.  I have a Real Tech sound
card.

1. Run Sndvol by pressing <Windows Key R> and typing "Sndvol" in the edit box

2. <Tab> to the System Sounds button and press it with the spacebar (Enter does
not seem to work)

3. <Control Tab> to "Recording"

4. <Tab> to "General Select a Recording Device Below to Modify its Settings"

5. Right-Click to open the Context Menu

6. Select and check "Show Disabled Devices" (pressing Enter checks it)

7. Select "Stereo Mix"

8. Right-Click and Select "Enable"

9. Right-Click again and select "as Default"

Goldwave should now show Stereo Mix in the Device Control Properties:

1. In Goldwave, press <F11>

2. <Control Tab> to "Volume"

                3. You should now see "Stereo Mix" in a list of recording
devices.  Check it.

This works for the Real Tech sound card in my machine, I hope it works for you.

Pele West