To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 3:38 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Getting started with an XP asus 901 netbook

So how do you get round it, Chris?

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Tuesday, January 06, 2009 3:10 PM (UK time), Chris Hallsworth at christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

No, Andy, I've done it myself on both XP and Vista machines, and I
was able to set them up completely with little problems. The problems
are usually because Narrator doesn't always track the focus properly
but I get round that. In fact, Vista's Narrator is far better in
terms of tracking focus.

Hi Barbara -

The     set up screens you mentioned, such as user name,
language etc, are the ones that both James and Chris seem to be
saying are accessible with Narrator, I hope they can confirm this
for me; have you guys
actually booted up an XP machine strait out of the box, and got going
without any sighted help for those initial set up screens, or are
you just thinking it can be done? -

Andy
From: "Chris Hallsworth"
<christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To:
<access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 7:34 PM
netbook
Well I can do it without sighted help. Windows U, then alt n.

From: "Chris Hallsworth"
<christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To:
<access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 6:23 PM
netbook

Narrator will speak that. Usually you go straight into
Windows setup.