[access-uk] Re: Getting Rid of Norton

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 00:40:24 +0100

Hmmm!  Some good news and bad news about removing Norton.

Yes, there is a removal tool that seems to combine and automate the removal of
Norton System works, Norton Internet Security, etc, and I used to use all of
these.  The tool, which I still have in its original downloaded form worked
like a charm.  After a reboot, it was all gone, except maybe QD fast and safe
cleanup was left, but that wasn't a problem.

so, where's the catch?  Well, and much to my surprise, when I ran this
marvelous tool, what should appear?  A graphical display asking for a
verification al la Google, eBay et al.    I was truly gobsmacked, but dutifully
complying - and it didn't work first time around - the program after a minute
or two did its magic, and Norton was gone.

I don't know if this program is meant to work online and thus needs this
verification in that context, but it struck me as strange, to put it very
mildy.

So, there you are, a solution of sorts to removing Norton.  I've lived happily
ever after.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx