[access-uk] Re: GPS SOLUTION

  • From: "Hussein Patwa" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 12:19:51 +0100

Hello Phil,

Certainly, Ovi Maps is free software.  You can find more information and
downloaded from:

Www.Nokia.com/maps

As a point of interest the external Bluetooth receiver I used was purchased
for £47 and was definitely worth the investment.

In terms of doubling up on the iPod by purchasing an iPhone, I would say go
for it if you really want to use the phone part of the iPhone.  Other than
that, you already have the same functionality on the iPod Touch, with the
only thing missing being the cellular data connectivity.  However, there is
a rumour on the grapevine that the next iPod Touch will contain cellular
connectivity, so you may wish to wait for that.  I love my iPhone as it
allows me to multitask whilst on the move, and also reduces my dependence on
a desktop or laptop computer for many things.  I have an old iPod Video 30GB
for music that is now five years old, but nevertheless still does what I
want it to.  I flashed the firmware on the iPod which has also given me
greater battery life and allowed me to have speech output which the original
iPod video did not have.

Hope this helps,

Please note: this message was dictated using Dragon NaturallySpeaking.  I
apologise for any errors in the text.

_______________________________________

Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein.

Hussein Patwa

Tel: 0789 47 595 62 (UK)

Tel: +44 (0)122 4433 954  (SIP)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/hussein_patwa

Skype: patwaspotterfan2

GoogleTalk: thewanderingwriter

Web: www.patwanet.co.uk

My Blog: http://patwaspotterfan.livejournal.com

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510013486

Please note: For security reasons calls from witheld numbers may not be
connected.  Please release your number so it can be viewed prior to calling.
Contact your telephone service provider for advice on how to do this if
required.  All calls may be recorded for fact verification.

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive
information and are intended solely for the stated recipient(s).  Copying or
distribution in any form is not permitted without the prior consent of the
sender.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
any attachments from your system and notify the sender immediately.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Protect our trees; Do not print unless absolutely necessary.  Save paper by
deleting sections of the message which are not relevant.