[access-uk] Re: GPS Again!

  • From: "Damon" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:22:20 +0100

the whole GPS thing completely confuses me now.

I've seen the Victor Trekker and understand how that works. But Wayfinder,
loaded onto my own mobile phone I gather, confuses me.

I gather from reading the list that, with every journey you make, you need to
go online to plot that route. What happens if you stray off your plotted 5
kilobyte route when walking? Does the GPS correct you or can it only use the
info downloaded for that specific A to B route? And what about going along in a
car using wayfinder, or on a bus, will it give you useful clues as to where
your bus stop is? Living in London as I do, bus drivers are totally unable to
communicate or be civil or non-aggressive in any way, in my experience. Hence
some clues from a GPS would be marvellous especially on days like today when
the Jubilee Line from Neasden to Waterloo is completely out and is replaced by
a bus service. Damn annoying.

Cheers