[access-uk] Re: GPS

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 21:04:38 +0100

Hi.

The receiver in the E71 is good for driving, but I wouldn't use it for
pedestrian navigation.  The refresh time is considerably slower than on an
external high quality receiver, added to this the additional strain on the
phone's battery and it just isn't worth while.  By all means, if your in a taxi
or a passenger in a car though, it makes a good backup if your external for
some reason isn't available or working.

All the best, Ibrahim.