[access-uk] GOING WIRELESS

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:24:30 +0100

Hi all,

At present we have an NTL Cable setup, with their provided router,
together with a wired Linksys router and Linksys wireless access point.
We are thinking we need to get rid of some of the many cables we
currently have around and make connections as easy and seamless between
our PC's and PDA's as we can.  I've been put off Belkin before because
we had a hub that just wouldn't work with my PC (think I've changed PC
since) and I notice that PC World is mostly Belkin these days.

I am now looking for suggestions about what router I should buy,
together with an appropriate card for my PC.  We already have a Netgear
MA701 and Ambicom WL1100C-CF card which we have had working with PDA's
but not with my current system recently.

We do have a £20 PC World (Dixons, Curries) voucher which we'd like to
use up, but not if we're likely to have a big hassle if we go Belkin.
Whatever we do, we need to know that everything will be OK with our
current NTL router.  (Getting them involved would be suicide!)

Any suggestions or help with this one would be most welcome.

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx