[access-uk] Re: Fw: [vi-genaccess] Fwd: [LCA] Make Yahoo Accessible

  • From: "Peter Liesching" <western-ranger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:35:56 +0100

I would be more than happy to sign this petition as I have had major
problems with yahoo myself, but having visited the site via the link
provided I can not find a link or any sort of edit field to add my
signature.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Pete
From: "Misty K"

Subject: [LCA] Make Yahoo Accessible

Hey all.  I'd greatly appreciate it if you could visit the following link
and sign the patition.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/accessibleyahoo

The purpose is to encourage yahoo to change their word verification
method.
Currently, they don't provide an option to get an audio clip reading off
what is in the text box.  Their solution to the problem, is that they ask
blind users to contact the customer service department for assistance.
This
is quite a hassle.  Blind and visually impaired users can't start up an
e-mail account without sighted assistance or a call to the customer
service
department.  The other day, I was trying to forward a message, and since
it
was a message from another e-mail list, they asked for word verification.
couldn't read the box, and I had no sighted assistance.  I decided I'd
just
send it along later, and I continued going through my mail.  Well, I
wanted
to respond to a message from a friend, but since I had tried to forward
that
one message, I couldn't send any messages.  To make an already long story
not much longer, this method greatly reduces independence.  It creates
dependence.  If I had had a critical message to respond to at that point,
wouldn't have been able to do so.  The customer service department says
they'll respond within 24 hours.  Sometimes, 24 hours is too long.  We
shouldn't have to wait when everyone else can have the problem solved in
an
instant.  Once again, please take the few seconds to add your name.
Thanks
much in advance.