[access-uk] Re: Fw: [vicsireland] Talking Bus Stops

  • From: "roger south" <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:50:38 -0000

We have these talking stops here in Brighton. Basically very good except for the fact that the initial fanfare of their unveiling has not seen any increase in the number of these stops being switched on to sound so only around 1 in 5 talk. The second problem is the very high density of traffic thundering past means the spoken word can be hard to hear. Finally the antics of the general public is pathetic. The speech is activated by a small device the VI carries in a pocket or on a keyring. When the stop speaks the other waiting people seem to freak out exclaiming loudly their amazement.

Roger

----- Original Message ----- From: "tony sweeney" <deirton711@xxxxxxxxx>