[access-uk] Fw: [nvda] Call for Firefox Testers

  • From: "Peter Beasley" <p.beasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:29:20 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Keenan" <tkeenan79@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 1:16 AM
Subject: [nvda] Call for Firefox Testers

Hello all,

I got Mick's permission to drop a note here and ask if anyone would be willing to help us here at Mozilla test the latest Firefox 3 builds with your favorite accessibility aid. We need as broad a cross-section of the AT community as possible, because we're committed to working in as many environments as we can. NVDA, in particular, is something that we would like to work as closely with as possible. But we also need people with Jaws, Window-eyes and anything else to help us test. If you're interested, fire up your favorite news reader, or Google groups, and join the mozilla.support.accessibility group at news.mozilla.com. Those of you with more development knowledge may wish to join mozilla.dev.accessibility as well.

Remember that this is an Alpha, it may or may not be usable on a daily basis, just like NVDA. You can find the latest nightly build of Firefox 3, otherwise known as Gran Paradiso, at:
   ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/

From there you can download  the win32 installer.
We're currently pre-alpha 6, and alpha 6 is scheduled to be the last alpha. Beta 1, however, will be the version that will implement many new interface elements. The version you download now won't look a whole lot different than Firefox 2. If anyone has any questions, please reply to me at 'tkeenan79@xxxxxxxxx' or 'tkeenan@xxxxxxxxxxx'.

Thanks for your help.

-Tim

nvda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
//www.freelists.org/list/nvda