[access-uk] Re: Fw: Response from Lloyds TSB re chip & pin at home

  • From: "Colin Fowler" <col.fowler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 21:14:38 +0100

Derek,

This is certainly not acceptable, and frankly I'm disappointed of your
acceptance of a process which would be considered as treating blind and
visually impaired customers at a considerable disadvantage compared with
others for whom a similar reason would not apply.

The ACD process must be far more secure than what is currently available,
otherwise why would the banks be introducing it?

Any acceptance of anything less than, or at least similar to ACD would be an
admission that blind and or visually impaired customers security is far less
important. Is that how you consider your personal banking?

It is my view that complete equity with security is and has to be something
that we insist on, and perhaps even pettition the necessary banking
authorities for.

It is certainly a hypocritical stance for Lloydds TSB to take when one of
there senior directors; John Spence is a blind gentleman, who has always
previously championed access for all, on a equity ticket.

I strongly recommend that any Lloyds TsB customers start makeing their
dissatisfaction known to the head people at Lloydds TSB. Namely: Andrew
Wakerling, Tim Taylor, and John Spence

We should also be asking for support from our so called representative
institutions on this matter.

Kind regards

Colin

Colin Fowler