[access-uk] Re: Fw: Disabled People and Chip and Pin

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:25:23 +0100

We seem to be going all round the houses with this one, and we've done it
before too!

Tristram is right of course.  Human assistance, usually helpful is there at the
cash point.  Don't be afraid or too proud to use it.

On the question of devices communicating wirelessly with a very small device we
carry around, ;  don't dismiss this idea too lightly.  I could forsee, or is it
dream? of a device that could do this and more.  Why not something combining
EPOS communication with electronic signage - if only this pathetic country
could get its act together and enable us to identify things when out and about.
 Maybe too it could be combined and work alongside Sat Nav.  Handheld Sat nav
devices are already around I believe, and there's even been talk, (pub
unintended) that a talking hand-held sat nav device might become available, I
mean a truly hand held one, that is.  Dream on.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx