[access-uk] Re: Fw: Disabled People and Chip and Pin

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:56:20 +0100

Hi Justin

>  How would you all know
>when to enter you're pin number in after putting in your card?

Well I just say to the checkout staff:
"please let me know when to do PIN"

You also said:
>I suspect that's the trouble with being partially sighted.  I don't like
>dealing with things i can't see.

I think you may have  hit nail on head!

It would be interesting to know whether the majority of those that do
not like chip and PIN  are partially sighted.

The totally  blind  will have no issue about  not able so seee keys.
The main  issue for the  totally blind is  being able to  feel the dot on
key  5  but  those that can see, don't seem to like doing things
by  touch.
Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx