[access-uk] Re: Fw: Disabled People and Chip and Pin

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:55:08 +0100

Hi  Justin

You  said:
>I've gone chip and signiture due to the fact that I'm nervous
>using the chip and pin machines when I can't see the numbers and, what
order
> the numbers >are in.

All you need to-do is:
Feel for the  button  with a dot  on it.
that is key  five.
So the key to the left is key 4  the key just above key five is
key two  and of course  the key to left of two is one!
So it's not difficult to work it out.

>I understand that most machines have the standard telephone number pad
>layout.

They all  do.

>  However, the trouble is that some of them don't

I think  some confusion here.
the layout for the number keys are all same.
That does  vary is whether  keys: 1 4 7 start with first keys on left,
or  the second keys ok left.
But key 4  is always just below  key 1 and key 7 is always just  below
key 4
So if  you feel for key 5 (key with dot) then the rest is easy to work out.

Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx