[access-uk] Re: Fw: DRC Call for disabled internet revolt

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:00:07 -0000

Interesting again Adrian.  I know of Joe Clark, who is another Canadian as I
recall.  Seems very technically accomplished and knowledgable, although I've
picked up on other lists that he can be abrasive.  I shall take a look at his
article.

Again, you are right to point to the complexity of this issue, not least the
technical capabilities of access software being used, as well as the site
design itself, and of course the experience and technical savvy of the end
user regarding their particular access software and knowledge and experience
of web browsing generally.

In one way and another this has all been brought up here.  Many times.  Many
many times, as Dame Celia Molestrangler said many times....  This aging
juvenile isn't going to start another Tesco thread or, 'why don't  you learn
to use your reader better' type of war.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Ray's Home

I think you reflect my views Adrian when you say "I do wonder if the
journalist who relates this fantasy and I were at the same event."  I
wasn't at the event at all, but I think its maybe a case of the wish
being father to the thought, or something like that.

The only 'protest' or dissatisfaction I ever hear from blind people is
the sort whingeing and moaning that goes on in pubs.  A lot of huffing
and puffing, and no action, let alone considered thinking.

Its True, certainly, there's a hell of a lot needs to be done, but with
the head as well as the Will.  I did too post with a bit of tongue in
cheek attitude.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx