[access-uk] Re: Freedombox users, does it work for you?

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 23:37:49 +0100

Carol, don't know much about firewalls in terms of hardware ones, but
try adding "FreedomBox" to your exceptions list. To do this:
1. Open Windows Firewall by going to Start > Control Panel > Windows
Firewall.
2. Make sure the "Don't allow exceptions" check box is unchecked. This
can be found in the general tab, which gains focus when you first open
it. This is unchecked by default.
3. Control-tab to the exceptions page, and activate the add programme
button.
4. Browse to your FreedomBox file. A shortcut pointing to this will do.
When you found it, press enter. FreedomBox will be added to the list of
exceptions.
5. Tab to OK and activate it to save your settings and close the Windows
Firewall dialogue.
Hope that helps.

Christopher Hallsworth
E-mail: chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx