[access-uk] Freedom Scientific and Serotek Reach an Agreement

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 21:35:08 +0100

=======

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Media Contact: Brad Davis

Blind/Low Vision Group

800-444-4443 or 727-803-8000

www.FreedomScientific.com

Freedom Scientific® and Serotek Announce Trademark Accord

(St. Petersburg, Florida, and Minneapolis, Minnesota - June 7, 2007)
Freedom Scientific and Serotek jointly announced today that they have
reached an agreement
whereby Serotek has agreed that it was inadvertently infringing Freedom
Scientific's federally-registered trademark.

"It is unfortunate that we had to take this action," said Lee Hamilton,
President and CEO of Freedom Scientific, "but trademarks are valuable
corporate
assets, and they must be protected, or they are lost. This agreement
accomplishes that, and we have agreed to dismiss the lawsuit. As part of
this agreement,
Serotek has agreed not to use our trademark or any other trademark that
is similar."

"We are pleased with the settlement agreement," said Mike Calvo, CEO,
Serotek. "We will be renaming the FreedomBox and other affected products
and services
in a separate announcement in the near future."

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

JFW related links: