[access-uk] Formatting a Hard Drive

  • From: "roger south" <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 20:51:42 +0100

Hi All

I have a secondary internal 220 gig hard drive I use for, amongst other things, backing up my data and operating system. I decided tonight to tidy it up and clear some of the no longer needed stuff on it. I reached the point when I could no longer delete items as access was denied. Then I thought the easiest way out was to re-format the drive as there was nothing on it I need. But when I went into My Computer high lighted the drive and brought up the context menu to select Format it said Windows could not do this as something was using the drive. I closed down everything I could find to no avail.

Has anyone any ideas as to what I should do now please.

Many thanks

Roger

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.