[access-uk] For student musicians

  • From: "Peter Logue" <peterlogue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 01:12:28 -0400

Hi,
This post will interest those who are learning an instrument.
If you have never heard of it, I'd like to introduce you to the guitar and
drum trainer  kit. It's a free mp3 player which allows you to speed up or
slow down a music file. The guitar and drum trainer will also allow you to
take a segment of an mp3 file and have it loop so as to help you master a
particular piece of a song. Having just taken up the accordion, I've just
gotten into it myself and I already see how it can be a great help. In the
past I used to take an mp3 song, break it into three or four parts using
Goldwave, then have each part loop within goldwave until I got a good handle
on it. This little program will loop a segment of an mp3 in seconds. No more
snipping and cutting. I can't get into its full value and detail all of what
this little program can do, but I think that, since many of us learn an
instrument by ear, I have no doubt this little program will soon swarm the
blind community. PS. There are terrific Jaws scripts for it also.
Here's the URL to get the program and scripts.

http://www.accessibleprograms.com/GuitarDrumTrainer/GuitarDrumTrainer.htm

Peter