[access-uk] Re: Firewalls

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:06:54 +0100

Hi Douglas,

I would also echo what you say about Nod32.  I am just trying the 30 day
demo now, and I am very impressed.  I had some problems with F-Prot on one
of my machines, and so was looking for alternatives.  Incidentally, GW Micro
recommend Nod32 as being very good with Window-Eyes, and indeed it is.  But
what really impresses me, is how little resources it seems to take up.  I
can honestly say, I have never seen my machine perform so quickly, until I
installed Nod32.  Other antivirus packages seem to slow down machines quite
significantly, but I find that Nod32 hardly impacts my machines at all.

If anyone wants to download a free trial, head on over to
http://www.nod32.com.  It really puts programs like AVG and Norton in the
shade in my view, and their technical support seems to be very good too.

Let me say here, I have no ties with Eset, the manufacturers of Nod32,
except this does seem to be an extremely good antivirus package.

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site:  http://www.comproom.co.uk