[access-uk] Re: Firewall

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 13:10:28 -0000

Barrie,

It appears that when a rule comes into action you have the option of having
a sound played, a message appearing on the screen, or nothing happening.
Only in exceptional circumstances would I want to have these messages on
the screen - that would be worse than the sound!  At the moment I have
turned both off - just trusting it to be doing its job.
But I am puzzled why with Sounds turned on your system is silent.
Apparently you can set a sound in an edit box, but if that is blank it uses a
Windows default sound.
The only thing I can think of is that you have a hardware firewall which
means that Look 'n Stop is not having to use its rule set.   I am on a dial up
connection and rely on whatever software firewall is installed.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison