[access-uk] FW: Talking Clock and Reminder

  • From: "Andrew Ireland" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@Freelists. Org" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:26:20 +0100

FYI!

-----Original Message-----
From: support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 06 April 2005 22:04
To: ai@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Talking Clock and Reminder

Hello.

Please consider forwarding on this newsletter to any person or mailing list
that you think would enjoy reading it.

We at blindsoftware.com are working on a new program called Talking Clock.

The BSC Talking Clock and Reminder program is just like having your talking
wrist watch on your computer. The time can be spoken at the top of each hour,
each half hour, both hour and half hour, or you can turn it off and only use
the hourly chime feature. If turned on, the hourly chime will be played at
the top of each hour. The program comes with 15 default hourly chimes to choose
from such as acoustic guitar, bird, chimes, cuckoo clock, dog, flute, little
droid, rooster, whistle, and more. In addition to having 15 default hourly
chimes, you can add your own hourly chimes to the list for the program to use.
TC supports playing mp3 files, wav files, and wma files. Add as many sound
files to the hourly chimes list as you want it's your choice!

TC is more than just a talking clock program. It has a complete built in
reminder system. The reminder system lets you type a reminder and then lets you
set the date and time the reminder should appear. The reminder system also lets
you set an optional sound to play for each reminder. Whatever sounds are
in your hourly chime list, you can use any of those sounds to attach to a
reminder. So, for example, if you have to take your dog to the vet on Friday,
you set a reminder to appear on Friday and set the sound for the reminder to be
dog. On Friday, the reminder appears, you hear the dog bark, and then the
reminder is on the screen. This can be a very useful feature for many. Be
creative with it!

Another beneficial feature of the reminder system is reminders can be
automatically read by the program. If auto read reminders is checked, when a
reminder
appears, it will be automatically read to you by the program.

System Requirements

TC requires Microsoft Text to Speech to be installed on your computer and
DirectX version 8.0 or higher. If you are running Windows xp, you already have
these files on your computer and there is no need to download them. If you are
not running Windows xp, we would like to invite you to download free copies of
these files from our website and install them prior to TC being released. This
way, when the program is available for download, you will already have the
necessary files installed on your computer and can begin to use the program
upon installing it. Follow this link to our website and you can locate the
links to download the setup files under the heading "System Requirements"

http://www.blindsoftware.com/tc.htm

The Microsoft Text to Speech file will install three voices: Mike, Mary, and
Sam.

Release Date and Pricing

TC will retail at $14.99 and we are hoping to have it ready to download by the
middle of May 2005. Stay tuned to the blindsoftware.com website under the
what's new section for updates on the programs progress. We'd also like to
invite you to email in any comments or suggestions on TC. Feel free to email
us at support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- we'd love to hear from you.

Regards,
The blindsoftware.com team