[access-uk] FW: Re: firm ware.

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:42:38 -0000

Hi Damon,

Here's your answer.

George.

________________________________

From: sarah.home@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:sarah.home@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 January 2005 09:57
To: George Bell
Subject: RE: [access-uk] Re: firm ware.

Hi George,

Yes, I can answer it, it's my project!

Please can you post this message (I don't have access to
this list).

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Damon,

NLB's DAISY project - the security that has been built in is
actually tied to the disk, so the access key is burnt onto
the CD rather than sitting on your PC, so it should (and
will) work on other DAISY players.

AS this is a pilot project we wanted to protect the book, so
people couldn't extract the text or play the audio in
anything other than a DAISY player (the audio will play but
not in order!) but didn't want to have to set up
authorisation keys that our testers would have to activate.

Regards,

Sarah Home
Operations & Development Manager

National Library for the Blind