[access-uk] FW: Announcing Sendero GPS 5.0 for the BrailleNote family of Products

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 17:14:12 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: senderogps-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:senderogps-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kim Casey
Sent: Monday 20 October 2008 16:53
To: kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Announcing Sendero GPS 5.0 for the BrailleNote family of Products

Raising independent travel to a whole new level

Version 5.0 is Sendero's tenth version since our laptop GPS in 2000. It has
been 14 years since we began working on the first prototypes. There are
over 40 new features in version 5. There is 10GB of new map and POI data
compared with 7GB just a year ago. This version will kick some serious
accessible GPS booty.

Since we have 10 times the POI content of most other systems, Sendero GPS
products needed a way to filter this copious POI content, and now you have
it, something not available on other GPS products, accessible or otherwise.
The Lookaround mode will announce points of interest in your direction of
travel or you can search for points ahead of you or in a full circle.

Sendero's trademark Lookaround mode and POI search capabilities are even
better. We now have 4 levels of POI search. You will hear which side of the
street POIs are on. Besides our unique User POI sharing, you can now edit
commercial points of interest and search on any field you wish. Enjoy the
power of a rich environment with 15 million points of interest in North
America alone.

Sendero's Replay capability allows you to log a trip, on foot or wheels, on
the street grid, at sea or in the boonies, anywhere, any time. You can type
in annotations along the way or just let it do its thing while you do
yours. When you are finished or when you want to retrace your steps, just
ask the system to create a route from the Replay file. It doesn't matter if
you are on the map or not, a route will be created complete with the
annotations you added. This is one more step in the road to independence.

Along with power, Sendero adds simplicity. After an address match or when
finding a point of interest, choose from a menu of actions like create a
pedestrian or vehicular route, set it as both an explore position and a
destination. There are fewer steps to get where you are going.

Just for fun, and to tease our favorite sighted drivers, we snuck in a new
Speed Alert feature. Choose the speed limit and the BrailleNote will emit a
siren sound when that speed is reach or exceeded. Just what we need to
drive our friends a little crazy.

For those of you who already have an mPower, PK or VoiceNote and GPS, your
upgrade is eagerly awaiting you at http://www.MySendero.com

For those who don't have a GPS product yet, call and ask for our secret
discount. For those who have Sendero GPS on another platform, don't get
your boxers in a bunch, just harass your favorite dealer and you will soon
enjoy all the power of Sendero GPS.

BrailleNote customers call Toll free, 1-888-757-6810

Visit <Http://www.SenderoGroup.com>Http://www.SenderoGroup.com

Visit <http://www.AccessibleGPS.com>http://www.AccessibleGPS.com

Sendero Group  - The GPS company
429 F Street
Davis, CA 95616
(530) 757-6800
(530) 757-6830 Fax

Contact Sendero Group:
http://www.senderogroup.com
direct phone: +1 530 757-6800
toll free phone (US & Canada): 888-757-6810

Change Subscription Status:
http://www.senderogroup.com/senderogps.htm