[access-uk] Eye-Pal solo

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@Freelists. Org" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 18:32:53 +0100

I understand that Humanware will be exhibiting the Eye-pal solo at S.V. next

The Solo is a stand alone reading machine which is much faster than most
scanners.  The main difference appears to be that you place your document or
book on a stand, as you would read it, i.e. cover downwards, so to turn a
page you need not physically pick up the book, just turn over the page.  It
is said to be a great deal faster.

If anyone knows more about this, including the cost, I would be interested.

there is a presentation which I have not heard, but this can be found at