[access-uk] Re: External Hard Drives

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:00:19 +0100

Andy,

, in a nutshell NTFS is a more rebust and efficient file system than FAT32.

You don't need to format it to NTFS but IMHO it's nicer.

If you're only planning on using the drive on XP or in-time maybe Vista then
I'd stick to NTFS.

If you plan on using the drive on a say Windows 98 machine I'd stick to
FAT32.

NTFS can be read under 98 but it's a bit more involved.

Dj Paddy
Ôà