[access-uk] Re: External Hard Drives

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:26:18 +0100

Hi Sandra.

Thanks for the infor re SVP.  I'll get Pauline to help me check it out this
evening.  I'll probably get back to you Sandra regarding formatting,
regardless of where I end up buying one.  My on-line purchasing experience
is pretty poor and subsequently, I usually use PC World or Priceless in
Glasgow.  Nevertheless, Pauline may have some time free this evening to
check out the PSV site.  I've loads of albums, some 700 and about 600 AD
movies.  I'd like to back these up in case something happens.

I've got a Belkin Router and considered setting up a network, between both
of my computers and to use one of these as a back-up.  However, I did not
manage to get through the set-up part.  I also bought one of those XY USB
cables to directly connect but unfortunately again, I fell by the wayside.
This is why I fancy a large external drive.  Sounds much easier.

Best wishes.

Andy.