[access-uk] Re: Ethics of book sharing services

  • From: "Tink Watson" <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 15:49:13 +0100

Sunil,

I'm with you there. I'm studying with the Open University and in fairness they are doing their level best to ensure everything is accessible. The trouble is that I'm just a single student out of thousands and thousands and the cost of readjusting each course I take in time for me to do it simply isn't feasible. This isn't an excuse, just a reality that I don't begrudge the university for. I'm lucky because I'm doing a comp sci degree, so much of what I need to know can be found on the 'Net. But as you say, it's the time involved in scanning or searching for alternatives that takes the time. If only those books were available "off the shelf" to us.

Tink.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sunil" <bosley20@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>