[access-uk] Re: Enquiry about Penfriend

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:18:30 -0000

Mary,

If you are waiting a long time before the recording beep is heard, it could
be that you are not matching the pen friend with the label itself.  This may
sound silly, but make sure it is the pointed end of the pen friend which
touches the label.  If you are using the very small round labels, then try
one of the larger ones.  This will ensure you are touching the label itself.

Once you push down the button, wait about half a second before touching the
label with the pen friend.  Then it should beep immediately, at which point
take the pen friend away from the label and record your message.  Then take
your finger off the record button.

You may be doing all of this already, in which case it could be that you
have a faulty penfriend.

David