[access-uk] E-audio

  • From: profbiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 14:38:30 +0100

Hi all

1.  Is anyone using the service below?  If so, how accessible is the MP3 player?

2.  Is a similar service available from your local authority?

Deon

"E-audio Services in Richmond Libraries

As part of the E-books Project, we are piloting e-audio, the digital equivalent
of talking books, covering fiction and non-fiction.

How does the Service work?

E-audio will be delivered to users by downloading titles from Audible.com on to
MP3 Otis players
which you can request and borrow. This means that we can deliver up to 20 hours
of spoken word in one small, easy to use device. E-audio also means wider
availability and choice of titles.

You do not need to own an MP3 Player or a subscription to Audible.com or any
other e-audio provider, all you have to do is
choose a title
and
request it online.

To get started, follow these steps:

Browse the list of
e-audio titles
available and choose the titles you want (you can order up to two at a time).

Fill in the
E-audio Title Request Form

We will deliver the MP3 Player with your title(s) downloaded onto it to your
local library. You will be notified by e-mail when the MP3 is sent to your
local branch. The MP3 Player will be delivered with any accessories you require
and will be issued in your card as a single item for three weeks.

When you put your order through we will deliver the service to you assuming
that you have read and agreed to the
Conditions of Service.

For more information see the
Frequently Asked Questions
section or contact
peoples.network@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you are interested in further aspects of E-audio why not have a look at
these e-books, available free of charge for all Richmond Library members (*)
from
Safari Technical Books Online.
"