[access-uk] Re: ESET SMART SECURITY

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:41:11 -0000

Thanks for this.

Can anyone remember just what this is about?

I haven't yet installed my new router and had planned to put in Smart Security before doing so, if possible, so that I can be sure I'm OK once I reach the Net, so if you or anyone else can clarify your comments that would be useful.

Thanks.  Otherwise, I'll ask Eset.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Wednesday, November 19, 2008 12:33 PM (UK time), Amro Bilal at amro_bilal@xxxxxxx said:

Talking of the ESS, Just remembered something. When you first install
it you might get a dialog box asking you whether you need to allow
your computer to be seen on the network if you're connected to a
router. I can't remember what the dialog was exactly about, but I
remember that at the time I said yes; I think that what you should
choose to be able to access the net. The point is that you need to do
some virtual cursoring to sort out that dialog box. Your screen
reader might never tell you that it's there in the first place.

HTH,
Amro