[access-uk] Re: EMU SOUND CARDS

  • From: "Marie Baisez" <marie.baisez@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 10:06:29 +0200

Hi Carol, I have the platinum version and a surround sound system and I had to ask for sighted help to calibrate the speakers, I tried to play around with sound effects and all that when I first got the card and realised pretty soon that it was impossible to operate these features successfully with the shark as most of the time, it is pretty hit or miss. I suppose that if you had someone with peepers in working order patient enough to work with you, you might be able to label the graphics but I haven't got that luxury commodity.
I'm not a sound expert but I couldn't stand any crackle or distortion and I definitely do not get any of that with my card.
Having the plugs at the front is really nice, you can alter the volume or switch off the mike from the front pannel as well. Mine has a remote control as well from which you can, apparently start and shut off your pc if it is on stand by mode but I haven't learnt to use this. The record main button is accessible but all the other settings for different types of recordings are not so easily gettable at, at least, not by me, cos I just dabble with things and am too lazy to study hard and learn to use all the features of techy things properly. I often wonder how the people who know all these things can remember them all...

Cheers now.
Marie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>