[access-uk] Re: Dual-core netbook recommendations

Hi,

Just thought I'd update those interested on the status of this query.

After some reconsideration and given some additional tech purchases I'm
making shortly, I've decided to put the netbook purchase on hold for a
while.  I might actually not even need it if my other gadgets bear fruit.

Also, I'd recommend anyone considering buying a netbook to hold off if you
can until September.  Intel announced their new line up of chipsets for
next-generation netbooks today and it looks as though they will be able to
achieve even better power savings whilst not compromising on performance.
This is of course of particular interest to access technology users given
the additional system resources used by these packages.

Thanks again for all your recommendations.  I do keep all mail received here
so I'll be able to look back at them when it comes time to re-evaluate the
purchase decision later in the year.

Thanks again, all the best and take care for now.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein.

Hussein Patwa
Tel: 0789 47 595 62 (UK)
Tel: +44 (0)122 4433 954  (SIP)
Twitter: www.twitter.com/hussein_patwa
Skype: patwaspotterfan2
GoogleTalk: thewanderingwriter
Web: www.patwanet.co.uk
My Blog: http://patwaspotterfan.livejournal.com

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510013486

I could
>either tether my iPhone to it or just go for a separate dongle, which
probably
>gives me a wider choice of netbooks to choose from if 3G is not the
defining
>factor.
>
>Certainly worth a look though, but any other views or recommendations are
also
>welcome.

Dual