[access-uk] Re: Dual-core netbook recommendations

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 12:47:20 +0100

Hi.

I just recently purchased a laptop rather than a netbook as I'm sick to the back teeth of the limitations and generally sluggish performance of the Atom range of processors. The laptop I chose was the Samsung Q330 from box.co.uk. While the graphics are the standard Intel graphics as found on most machines under the £500 mark, for a 13.3 inch machine, it weighs under 2 kilos with its charger, comes with an internal DVD dual layer drive, a 500GB hard drive and 4GB of DDR3 memory. It also has sleep and charge USB, so what that means is that even when the laptop is switched off or in sleep mode, you can still charge one USB device like a phone, bluetooth headset etc. What's most impressive though is the stamina, I can get a not unreasonable 5.5 hours battery life on a single charge, and if you use the supplied Samsung software you can boost that by disabling certain functions like wireless and bluetooth if you aren't using them. Of course, that leads me on to a few other specs, it has bluetooth 3.0, Wireless N connectivity, 10/100 wired lan and powering it all is an Intel Core I3 processor running at 2.26GHZ clock speed.

All the best and dont forget to check it out, you get a lot more for your money if you are prepared to upscale a little.

-----Original Message----- From: Hussein Patwa
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2011 11:38 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Dual-core netbook recommendations

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me.  The N150 looks good on the
surface, but I'd probably have to see it in person to see if the cramped
keyboard would be suitable.  Also, it doesn't have 3G on board, however I'm
thinking I could either tether my iPhone to it or just go for a separate
dongle, which probably gives me a wider choice of netbooks to choose from if
3G is not the defining factor.

Certainly worth a look though, but any other views or recommendations are
also welcome.