[access-uk] Dual-core netbook recommendations

  • From: "Hussein Patwa" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 21:51:47 +0100

Hello all,

I am looking to purchase a netbook to use for working whilst travelling and
was wondering if anyone with experience could offer any recommendations.

I am primarily looking for something lightweight but which also has
sufficient power to handle my screen reader and magnifier software as well
as Office 2010 and web browsing.  Battery life is also important as is a
bright screen, although I know the latter will certainly affect the former.

Currently I am looking at some of the Samsung models which ship with the
dual core CPU.  My screen reader supports multiple cores hence why I thought
a dual-core machine would offer better performance.

3G is optional but would be useful if I ever decide to take out a dedicated
contract.  Another important must-have is at least 2GB of RAM or more, again
for the access technology software.

Any recommendations are much appreciated and I thank you all in advance for
your time.

All the best for now and take care.