[access-uk] Re: Download manager?

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 00:24:44 +0100

try MetaProducts Download Express.

One of the easier ways of getting this is to go to www.whitestick.co.uk and
click on the downloads link where you will find the program.  Probably
easier to get it this way than to go to the home page.

You will get the choice while installing of installing the advanced
features.  Personally I don't bother with this and find the program
generally easy to use and unobtrusive.

You may need to go into the options though and get it not to kick in for
certain types of downloads for example .ra files (or whatever the RealAudio
playlist file extension is.  You don't want to just download the playlist
but you want to hear the file or files pointed to.

This problem tends to apply to most download managers though.

Cheers

Graham