[access-uk] Re: Dominos Pizza website

  • From: "Adrian Higginbotham" <adrian.higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:47:35 +0100

Hi steve - just spotted it as a headline on the Register, didn't read
the story at the time however a quick google since suggests that you
register your details on their website and there after it's just a
matter of texting in your order.  Presumably there must be some security
built in such as they will only deliver to the registered address.
Obviously not true that you don't needthe website as I suggested in my
rather flippent posting but still should make the process easier if you
have a suitably screenreader equipt phone.  Mind you I wonder what the
conventions are for naming pizzas, guess there must also be a number
system or topping codes otherwise decoding sms style abreviations could
be interesting, I'll have an lrg adb w xtra msh pls.

There's a wlak through on the dominos site:
http://www.dominos.co.uk/smsexplained.aspx
But you have to log-in to follow it through and I'm not going to
register just to find out.

Adrian Higginbotham

Accessibility content manager

British Educational Communications and Technology Agency - BECTA
Tel: Direct dial 024 7679 7333 - Becta switchboard 02476-416994.

Email: Adrian.Higginbotham@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.becta.org.uk/
BECTA, Millburn Hill Road, Science Park, Coventry, CV4 7JJ