[access-uk] Does anyone know how to get rid of Incredibar?

  • From: "John Wilson" <j.wilson07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 03:07:38 +0100

Hello All,

As the subject line says, I have somehow got a browser
hijacker installed onto my computer. I have tried much of
what I can find on Google as remedies but nothing works. It
is said to be a terrible malware program to delete.

I have found a specific program to run on the Norton site
but, as with most of Norton's one-off file deletion
programs, it is completely inaccessible.

I have also used System Restore as far back as six weeks
ago, when I don't think I had it, but it still returns every
time I launch IE8. It is also imbedded in Google Chrome and
Firefox.

I have run up-to-date versions of MS Security and
Malwarebytes but they don't even find it, let alone remove
it!

Has anyone any experience of this who can advise the best
method to extinguish it?

John.