[access-uk] Re: Disk Keeper and the System Tray

Hi Darran,
A short time ago Steve gave the following solution to make Diskeeper accessible to JAWS:

1.  Go into Diskeeper if you still have it installed.

2.  Tab once to the drive list.

3.  Select Drive C and then either the context or applications key, or shift
F10.

4.  Down arrow to Boot Time defragmentation and hit enter.

5.  Check the box that says defragment at boot time, this will be disabled.

6.  Tab over and check that the radio button says Manually defrag the next
time I start the computer.

7.  Check the box that says Defragment paging file.

8.  Check the box that says Run chkdsk before defrag.  It will give you a
warning, and say are you sure?  Say Yes.

9.  Finally, tab to apply and press enter or space.

Now reboot your computer.  It will take quite a long time to reboot, but
what it will do is to defragment the swap file, and all the files that
Windows can't normally defrag because Windows locks those files.  It will
take quite a while to restart, but don't worry about this, it is normal.
Finally, boot time defrag will be disabled again after you do this, until
you go through these steps again, because you don't want it doing that every
time it boots, because of the time it takes.  But doing it once a month or
so doesn't hurt I have discovered.
I do not know how to put Diskeeper on the system tray, but if the procedure outlined above, works for you as it did for me, you will be able to check whether Diskeeper is working in automatic mode. I am using the trial version of Diskeeper Home.
Regards, Bruce
----- Original Message ----- From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>